Senior QA Engineer
FintechOS is a technology as a service platform for financial services organisations needing to transform legacy products into cloud based, customer-centric applications that drive revenue. Developed by experts in the financial technology industry, FintechOS empowers banks and insurance companies to accelerate their digital transformation by combining the full force of technical capability with a rapidly deployable platform.
- FintechOS is a product company, building an innovative platform for a global market in the fintech space
- HQ is in Bucharest - all product decisions are made here
- The key team members have 15+ years’ experience
- Venture-backed business started in Bucharest, with a big list of international clients already under our belt
- Currently in scale-up stage: 90+ people, 4 countries
FintechOS accelerates the adoption of modern technology for financial services institutions (i.e. banks & insurance companies) by rethinking how apps are built for the enterprise.
Our platform allows any tech-savvy user to create apps by using an intuitive visual editor to design everything from the database model, to business workflows and the user interface. This rapid app development process imposes virtually no limits on creativity and complexity but at the same time - since all apps run inside FintechOS - makes sure they benefit from enterprise-grade security and scalability.
This visual editor (FintechOS Studio) makes use of a growing library of backend services and reusable components ranging from simple UI blocks to complex modules adding advanced functionality such as security, KYC, video conferencing, digital signatures, transactional emails or A.I.
Our customers use FintechOS to build, deploy and run apps in record time, easily integrating the latest technologies required to offer a modern, personalized user experience for all their services.
As a QA Engineer, you will be working in the Product team, assuring a high quality of the FintechOS platform.
- Work with Product Owner, DEV team and UX designers to understand the requirements
- Test current products and identify deficiencies
- Report bugs and errors to development teams
- Suggest solutions to identified product problems
- Help troubleshoot issues
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Communicate QA status, progress on deliverables and risks to stakeholders
- Identify quality assurance process bottleneck and suggest actions for improvement
- Identify key KPIs for product quality
The ideal candidate:
- At least 3 years’ experience in software testing
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Familiarity with software debugging tools and protocols (e.g. Fiddler, Charles Proxy, Burp, Wireshark)
- Knowledge of the entire SDLC, testing methodologies and their direct implementation to projects
- Good knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience testing browser-based/web applications
- Excellent analytical, debugging, problem-solving and root-cause analysis skills
- Attention to details
- High level of initiative with ability to self-manage
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Inquisitive and confident by nature with great interpersonal and people skills
- Have exceptional written and verbal English skills
About you/ Nice to have skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical Degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with performance and/or security testing
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies