Senior Financial Analyst
FintechOS is a technology company that lets financial institutions adapt to rapidly changing customer expectations and match the speed and flexibility of fintech start-ups with personalized products and services, in weeks rather than months or years.
The FintechOS platform is a collection of technologies that allow financial services companies to roll-out end to end hyper-personalised customer journeys, services and products.
Some of these technologies include:
- Our Evolutive Data Core integrates data from legacy systems as well as external data streams and enriches it to create data-driven products and customer journeys.
The Fintech Innovation Studio brings Customer Experience managers, data scientists and product managers together. It’s a place where everyone can build new products and services, even if they don’t know how to code.
- The FintechOS AppStore includes over 30 pre-built banking and insurance customer journeys and digital launchpads. All open for anyone to deploy and customise so our clients can hit the market fast.
We are currently looking for a Senior Financial Analyst that will have the following responsibilities:
- Perform financial forecasting, reporting, and operational metrics tracking
- Analyze financial data and create financial models for decision support
- Report on financial performance and prepare for regular leadership reviews
- Analyze past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Evaluate financial performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts
- Guide the cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures
- Provide analysis of trends and forecasts and recommend actions for optimization
- Recommend actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; study proposed changes in methods and materials
- Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and Excel dashboards
- Increase productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools
- Perform market research, data mining, business intelligence, and valuation comps
- Maintain a strong financial analysis foundation creating forecasts and models
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel is mentioned in virtually any financial analyst job description; familiarity with data query/data management tools is extremely helpful (Access, SQL, Business Objects)
- Grow financial performance through analysis of financial results, forecasts, variances, and trends
- Create recommendations to be presented to management and executives
- Develop financial models to support valuation, planning, and forecasting
- Aid in the capital budgeting and expenditure planning processes
- Reconcile existing transactions through cross-referencing of incoming and outgoing data
- Conduct comparables analysis and market research to support internal financial analysis
- Maintain up-to-date technical knowledge of financial instruments, market conditions, and trends
Experience and qualities we are looking for:
- 5+ years of business finance or other relevant experience
- High proficiency in financial modeling techniques
- Strong fluency with Excel formulas and functions
- Strong analytical and data gathering skills
- Good business acumen
- Ability to streamline functions and passion to learn and grow
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
- Comfort dealing with ambiguity and the ability to work independently
- Experience working with, and presenting to, senior executives
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; be comfortable interacting with executive-level management
- Strong financial modeling experience